Sunday, May 10, 2015

Welcome to NHS Urban Farm (May 4th-May 8th)

Hello! My name is Daniel Moorcroft, a junior at Neenah High School with a passion to grow/raise food locally and sustainably. For my "final" in my "Intro to Drawing and Painting" I am transforming the courtyard into a small urban farm to benefit our school's social climate. With the help of my art teacher my ultimate goal is to leave a legacy for years to come with plenty of fresh foods to consume.

Lisa Dorschner and I on Wednesday May 6th when I brought in two chickens for my American Lit. class
We are just in the beginning stages of our garden. I took some time to move around some already existing plants and transplant them into more appropriate raised beds. I found lavender, oregano, spearmint, and chives that I moved into a single raised bed. (It will be the herb garden bed)





No comments:

Post a Comment