Monday, May 11, 2015

Blast Off! (Monday May 11th)

Although it was been cold and rainy this morning we have finally got this project "lifted off the ground". I have: established garden boxes for herbs, native Wisconsin plants, moved around some boxes and plants to make a few vegetable boxes, and thinned out our raspberry patch. I finally planted our beans on the trellis named Jack as well.

Dwight, a student at NHS is working with a supervisor to help me garden and finish up the projects I have started in the morning. Today he is going to go out and pick up weeds around the garden boxes and railroad ties. 

Our two herb boxes


Weeding around the milkweed to create a butterfly garden


The overgrown raspberry patch

Our "Native Wisconsin" garden box. 
The base of "Jack" with a barrel of beans
Two glass "roofed" garden boxes I will fill with compost soon

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your leadership, Daniel! I am looking forward to seeing this urban garden take off! What a blast! Go Rocket gardeners!

    ReplyDelete